Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
A copy of an article in United States Catholic Historical Magazine, May, Vol 3, Page 65, entitled "History of the Establishment of the Carmelites in Maryland", sent by Bishop Corrigan. The copy includes a note from Bishop Fenwick regarding the article.
From Brussels, the last letter of Balthassar Joseph Ignace de Villegas D'Estainbourg, to Father Neale and sisters; he is still in hope of getting Visitandines, wants help of Fr. Stone of College. Fr.Francis Neale. Has sent books to Maryland; Jesuits. Negotiates donations, legal aspects of same. Two letters from his cousin, the Lady Dowager de Villegas de Louvrange, born de Villegas d'Aa, in French. (See "Carmel in America," pp.75-79.)
Laurence Kelly Research: An autographed booklet entitled: A Carmelite Shrine in Maryland, written by Laurence J. Kelly, SJ, in 1950; subtitled: The Carmelites Come To America.
Laurence Kelly Research: A Carmelite Shrine in America by Rev. Laurence J. Kelly, SJ, published in 1957. This booklet includes a history of the restoration and dedication of the monastery buildings at Port Tobacco. An insert, Mount Carmel In America, Thirtieth Year of Restoration, is included which notes Laurence Kelly's death on Oct 15, 1955.
Laurence Kelly Research: A Southern Maryland Shrine, a booklet published in 1940, the year the Carmelite Nuns celebrated "the sesquicentennial of the introduction of their Order into this country."
Photograph of Francis Neale.