Skip to main content

SEWALL, CHARLES

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Article: History of the Establishment of the Carmelites in MD, 1844

 File — Box 6: Series Series 4, Folder: 1
Identifier: GAMMS.3.28.867
Scope and Contents A copy of an article in United States Catholic Historical Magazine, May, Vol 3, Page 65, entitled "History of the Establishment of the Carmelites in Maryland", sent by Bishop Corrigan. The copy includes a note from Bishop Fenwick regarding the article.
Dates: 1674-1990; Majority of material found in 1800-1990

Basilica of the Assumption: History & Description, C. Cuyler, 1951

 File — Box 9: Series Series 5, Folder: 66
Identifier: GAMMS.3.29.1493
Scope and Contents Copies of The Baltimore Cathedral: Minor Basilica of The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Its History and Description, and The Baltimore Co-Cathedral: Minor Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Its History and Description by The Rev. Cornelius M. Cuyler, S.S.. The second is identical to the first with these additions: photographs of the exterior and interior of the Basilica and an Appendix, Redecoration of the Basilica, and A Commentary upon the Redecoration of the...
Dates: 1674-1990; Majority of material found in 1800-1990

Founder:C.Neale, "Memorandum for Executor, by Sewall, 1806, 12/23/1804-8/15/1806

 File — Box 3: Series Series 3; Series Series 4, Folder: 6
Identifier: Series 4
Scope and Contents a "memordandum for the Reverend C. Neale, executor of my will" by Charles Sewall. This is a statement of financial responsibility due him. Qualifying terms is statement:"The Society of Jesus is now restored."
Dates: 12/23/1804-8/15/1806

Sermon: On the 150th Anniversary of Carmel in America, Oct 20, 1940, 10/20/1940

 File — Box 6: Series Series 4, Folder: 9
Identifier: GAMMS.3.28.875
Scope and Contents Sermon: On the Occasion of the One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the Coming of Carmel to Maryland. Delivered at the Shrine of the first Carmel, Charles County, Maryland, Sunday, October 20, 1940; no author, typed manuscript, 18 pages. Includes a list of the religious and secular names of the four foundresses and those who entered Carmel at Port Tobacco and a list of foundations in the United States.
Dates: 10/20/1940