RESTORERS OF MT CARMEL IN MARYLAND
Found in 283 Collections and/or Records:
A letter from W. Gwynn Gardiner to John P. Sedgwick re: a painting by Sister Genevieve of the Carmelite Convent who died in France that was given to the Discalced Nuns in care of Laurence Kelly by Mrs David K. McCarthy.
Letter from William P. Anderson to Irene Ord re: her appearance on Midday Chapel program representing the Restorers.
A letter from William L. Galvin to Laurence Kelly, SJ, re: Kelly's letter of 2/24.
Two handwritten letters from William Horigan, SJ, to Irene Ord sending regrets that he cannot be present for pilgrimage.
A series of letters from William Horigan, SJ, to Irene Ord re: 175th anniversary of Carmel in America.
Letter from William Horigan, SJ, to Irene Ord returning correspondence on Mt Carmel.
A copy of a letter from William Horigan, SJ to Irene Ord encouraging Irene to write to the Srchbishop without fear.
A letter from William Horigan, SJ, to Irene Ord re: Mr Horman's death (benefactor).
A letter from William Horigan, SJ, to Irne Ord re: deed and survey suggested by Mr Frohman.
A note from William Horigan to Irene Ord which mentions Gertrude Muth and the visit of the Third Order, Baltimore Chapter, to Port Tobacco.
A thank you letter from William Horigan, SJ, to Mother Mary Magdalen Brunck re: information on Port Tobacco sent; plaques being readied at Port Tobacco.
Two letters from Isabelle Hagerty to Laurence Kelly, SJ,: 2/18/1948: re: movement to restore Port Tobacco, MD.; 2/12/1050: mentions the nuns may return to Port Tobacco, Restorers news, buiding a Chapel at Mount Carmel.
Two letters from John M. McNamara, Auxiliary Bishop of Baltimore to Laurence Kelly, SJ,: June 14, 1935 re: his support of the Restorers project; June 13, 1938 re: his acceptence "to officiate at the blessing of the restored 'Carmel' on July 16, 1938."
Copies of two letters from C.J. Hennessy, SJ, to Mrs. Hagerty regarding the purchase of the Sander's property.
Two letters from C.J. Hennessy, SJ, to John Farley, SJ, regarding the property to be purchased from the Sanders. The second letter indicates that permission to puchase has been secured by John Farley.
A letter from Edward Sanders to Mrs. B.E. Talbott stating the final terms of sale for the Mt Carmel property.
A series of letters from James F. Matthews to Laurence Kelly, SJ, regarding the legal matters in purchasing the property at Mt Carmel. The letters cover a two year period, 1934-1936.
Joseph M. Nelligan's letter to John Farley recommending that Rev. Farley defer conclusive action on the property settlement on the Mt. Carmel land until the Fall when Archbishop Curley will be back.
Copies of two letters from Archbishop Curley to Mrs. John J. Hagerty giving his recommendations in regard to the sale of the Mt Carmel property.
Five letters from Michael J. Curley to John Farley, SJ, and Laurence Kelly, SJ, regarding the purchase of Sanders land in Port Tobacco. Curley strongly recommends that only the fives acres and "the little shacks on it" be purchased rather than one hundred and forty acres of Southern Maryland land "on which very probably a man would not be able to raise and umbrella!" An extract from Laurence Kelly's response is on the Oct 31 letter.
A letter from Mrs. John J. Hagerty to Mother Seraphim Byrnes about restoring Mt. Carmel in Maryland. Two copies in booklet form.
S. Ignatius of Rochester writes re illness of M. Beatrix and congratulates Baltimore concerning the cause of "old Mt Carmel" and that so many should feel impelled to start the work.
A letter from Peter Guilday to Laurence Kelly thanking him for the announcement and asking for leaflets to distribute among friends who "might help."
Excerpts from letters of Carmelite Prioresses regarding the propsed foundation at Mount Carmel. File includes the excerpts and a xerox, by Laurence Kelly.
A letter announcing the Reverend William A. Horigan SJ Memorial Fund to benefit the Restorers.
A handwritten copy of "The Pilgrim's Chapel Erected - 1954." Unsigned.
An incomplete typed text of the background and history of the Restorers. It begins with page two.
A copy of the homily preached at the funeral of Rev William A. Horigan, SJ, by Rev Neil J. Gargan, SJ.
A Sermon given at the Baltimore Carmel on the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, 1944, when the Restorers joined the nuns for the feast.
A handwritten account entitled, How the Restoration of Mt. Carmel began, by Rev. Laurence Kelly, SJ. This account gives the early history of the restoration movement from June, 1933 until April, 22, 1936, when the deed for the property at Mt. Carmel was acquired. Four pages.