Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Basilica of the Assumption: History & Description, C. Cuyler, 1951
Bayley: Photograph of James Bayley, ca 1873
Photograph of James Roosevelt Bayley.
Corres: Copybook of letters/extracts of letters, 9/24/1874-1/12/1875
A copybook including: letters from James R. Bayley to Edmond Langeviss, Vicar General, St Germain de Rimouski; extracts from letters received by our nuns in St Louis, given by Superior General Dominic and Luca of St John. Members to be sent to Canada: S. Joseph, prioress, S. Michael, subprioress, S. Mary of the Incarnation, novice, S. Julianne. In reality: S. Michael, prioress, S. Joseph, subprioress, S. Mary.
Gibbons: Biography in The Anthonian, 1985
A biography of James Cardinal Gibbons in "The Anthonian," 1985, 2 copies, 30pp. Precis of Ellis Study, 1952.
History of The Basilica of the Assumption, Cath Review, 5/28/1971
Article in The Catholic Review, May 28, 1971, entitled: On the last day of May, 150 years ago, Baltimore's cathedral was dedicated, Pius XI designated it a minor basilica.
Kelly Research: A Carmelite Shrine in Maryland, 1950, autographed
Laurence Kelly Research: An autographed booklet entitled: A Carmelite Shrine in Maryland, written by Laurence J. Kelly, SJ, in 1950; subtitled: The Carmelites Come To America.
Kelly Research: A Carmelite Shrine in MD, by Laurence Kelly, 1957
Laurence Kelly Research: A Carmelite Shrine in America by Rev. Laurence J. Kelly, SJ, published in 1957. This booklet includes a history of the restoration and dedication of the monastery buildings at Port Tobacco. An insert, Mount Carmel In America, Thirtieth Year of Restoration, is included which notes Laurence Kelly's death on Oct 15, 1955.
Kelly Research: A Southern Maryland Shrine, 1940
Laurence Kelly Research: A Southern Maryland Shrine, a booklet published in 1940, the year the Carmelite Nuns celebrated "the sesquicentennial of the introduction of their Order into this country."
Notes: Milestones of Aisquith St.; Inscription: Cornerstone, Biddle St, 9/14/1831-11/11/1872
Handwritten notes including: Historic milestones of Asquith Street, 1831, 1837, 1838; Inscription on the cornerstone, Biddle Street, laid 07/21/1876; note of sale of old convent, 11/11/1872.
Notes: The Foundation of Baltimore Carmel, ca 1935
Notes: The Foundation of the Baltimore Carmel, typescript, ca 1935, containing mention of The Pious Guide, Bishop Gross' sermon in 1874, statistics on U. S. foundations, religious and secular names of the four foundresses and those who entered Carmel at Port Tobacco, Discalced Carmelite Nuns in the United States (lists the foundations), and a necrology 1904-1927. No author, but authorized by Mother Seraphim.