Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
A copy of an article in United States Catholic Historical Magazine, May, Vol 3, Page 65, entitled "History of the Establishment of the Carmelites in Maryland", sent by Bishop Corrigan. The copy includes a note from Bishop Fenwick regarding the article.
Article in The Catholic Review, dated Sept 8, 1961, entitled The Carmelites: Port Tobacco to Dulaney Valley. Includes pictures of the old monastery (Port Tobacco) and the new monastery (Dulaney Valley).
Laurence Kelly Research: A Carmelite Shrine in America by Rev. Laurence J. Kelly, SJ, published in 1957. This booklet includes a history of the restoration and dedication of the monastery buildings at Port Tobacco. An insert, Mount Carmel In America, Thirtieth Year of Restoration, is included which notes Laurence Kelly's death on Oct 15, 1955.
Laurence Kelly Research: A Southern Maryland Shrine, a booklet published in 1940, the year the Carmelite Nuns celebrated "the sesquicentennial of the introduction of their Order into this country."
Picture of Ignatius Matthews, brother of Mother Bernardina Matthews.
Picture of Ignatius Matthews, watercolor.
Sermon: On the Occasion of the One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the Coming of Carmel to Maryland. Delivered at the Shrine of the first Carmel, Charles County, Maryland, Sunday, October 20, 1940; no author, typed manuscript, 18 pages. Includes a list of the religious and secular names of the four foundresses and those who entered Carmel at Port Tobacco and a list of foundations in the United States.