Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Article from the Catholic Review, 09/08/1961, entitled: First Monastery in U.S. Was Founded in 1790 by the Carmelites. Part of article from page 1 is missing.
Article in The Catholic Review, dated Sept 8, 1961, entitled The Carmelites: Port Tobacco to Dulaney Valley. Includes pictures of the old monastery (Port Tobacco) and the new monastery (Dulaney Valley).
Notes: Brief Account of Carmel in America, extracts from Carmel in America by C. W. Currier compiled by Mother Seraphim.
Handwritten notes including: Historic milestones of Asquith Street, 1831, 1837, 1838; Inscription on the cornerstone, Biddle Street, laid 07/21/1876; note of sale of old convent, 11/11/1872.
Notes: The Foundation of the Baltimore Carmel, typescript, ca 1935, containing mention of The Pious Guide, Bishop Gross' sermon in 1874, statistics on U. S. foundations, religious and secular names of the four foundresses and those who entered Carmel at Port Tobacco, Discalced Carmelite Nuns in the United States (lists the foundations), and a necrology 1904-1927. No author, but authorized by Mother Seraphim.