Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

ANN OF THE ASCENSION

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Notes: History of Carmel, by S. Mary Joseph Daly, ca 1944

 File — Box 6: Series Series 4, Folder: 10
Identifier: GAMMS.3.28.981
Scope and Contents Notes on the history of Carmel written by Sister Mary Joseph Daly including: notes on the foundresses, development of Carmel in America, Carmel in England, death notices from England and America, information on The Pious Guide, and extracts from correspondence. Handwritten manuscript on scrap papers.
Dates: 1674-1990; Majority of material found in 1800-1990

Notes: The Foundation of Baltimore Carmel, ca 1935

 File — Box 6: Series Series 4, Folder: 8
Identifier: GAMMS.3.28.874
Scope and Contents Notes: The Foundation of the Baltimore Carmel, typescript, ca 1935, containing mention of The Pious Guide, Bishop Gross' sermon in 1874, statistics on U. S. foundations, religious and secular names of the four foundresses and those who entered Carmel at Port Tobacco, Discalced Carmelite Nuns in the United States (lists the foundations), and a necrology 1904-1927. No author, but authorized by Mother Seraphim.
Dates: 1674-1990; Majority of material found in 1800-1990